The rest of Thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
February 28th 2008
Published: March 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

There were a few places we visited in Thailand briefly that we failed to mention in past blogs, so we decided to add one last blog on Thailand that mentions all the places we haven't yet... to give you the full experience.
The first was Patong, Phuket. We stayed in Patong for three nights after Koh PhiPhi but before Koh PhaNgan. Patong was a pretty big city that ran along a beautiful and popular beach. There were a lot of resorts and hotels and too many tourists, but it was still beautiful. We managed to rent scooters for one day to get away and see the other stunning beaches of Phuket. In Patong, we stayed at the Mermaid Inn, which was beautiful with aircon, fridge, t.v, free breakfast, and a shower with toilet. Our three nights in Patong were all very relaxing, just taking advantage of our very nice room, watching television, and playing music.
The second place we neglected to mention was our all time favourite place in Thailand, Suratthani. We must have stopped in Suratthani at least 5 times while in Thailand. Suratthani, is just about right in the middle when going North-South of Thailand, so buses stop there
chris in patongchris in patongchris in patong

chris with our guitar and a beer on our balcony at the Mermaid
frequently to make changes, drop-offs, and pick-ups. And it's always at the same bus stop and it's always at 5am or midnight or some other cruel time. Most of our time spent in Suratthani, whenever we were fortunate enough to visit it, was spent reading, sleeping, eating, or playing music. Once, however, we got a change to walk away from the bus stop and see what else this city had to offer. It turned out being a lot bigger than we had expected, a pretty large city centre and there was a night market going on while we were there too. We had chicken, rice and juice and browsed the small street shops before we had to get on our bus.
The final place we neglected to mention in all our Thailand blogs was Koh Samui! Samui was a pretty last-minute decision. we had three days after leaving Koh PhaNgan before we needed to catch our flight from Bangkok, so we decided to stay on Koh Samui for one night. We got a beautiful beach bungalow on ChaWeng and went into central ChaWeng to buy some souvenirs. Back at the beach, restaurants and bars find themselves getting wet they're so close to the water. You can honestly sit at a table at the restaurant by our bungalow and dangle your feet over the ocean. Koh Samui was simply stunning, with green ocean water, and a lot of action happening on the popular Samui beach. Its too bad we only spent one night there, but at least we got a chance to see one of Thailand's top destinations and stay for the night.
Well, that wraps up all of Thailand, we hope you enjoyed reading about it. Next stop is India!
Peace and Love,
Evan and Chris



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

beach barbeach bar
beach bar

popular sight on thai beaches
right on the waterright on the water
right on the water

chaweng koh samui
powerlines in chawengpowerlines in chaweng
powerlines in chaweng

just not safe, its amazing they even work. they make shocking sounds constantly.
evan bathing in the elephant fountainevan bathing in the elephant fountain
evan bathing in the elephant fountain

when youve been gone this long...
suratthani juice selectionsuratthani juice selection
suratthani juice selection

market in Suratthani


Tot: 0.257s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.1308s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb