Past 2 Weeks


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
February 20th 2007
Published: February 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Cliff JumpingCliff JumpingCliff Jumping

jumping into the first waterfall!
Hello Everyone!
I'm still alive. I'm sorry it's been a while since i updated you with whats been happening.
Things have been somewhat chaotic because everything is coming to an end. Kim leaves a week before i do so shes currently sorting out visas for Laos and Vietnam.. her next adventures! Classes are ending as well. I will only teach some of my classes 2 more times. It's sad because i'm doing some things and seeing some people for the "last time".
Two weekends ago we had a Phrae weekend. We spent Friday night in Ban Nam Rin where Laura lives. I love staying with her family! Their cat recently had 5 little kittens 😊!
Last weekend was a little more interesting... We did a trek in Chiang Mai!
We got there on Friday night and left on Saturday morning. When I say trek.. there really was a lot of hiking involved. First we drove about an hour away from Chiang Mai and we hiked to the first waterfall. Although i didn't go in, that didn't stop the other girls from cliff jumping into it! From there, we walked to a really high temple which was beautiful.
After lunch, we started
Kim and IKim and IKim and I

Kim and i walking up to the temple
our 2 hour hike to where we were going to sleep. We hiked through rice paddys and watched water buffalo. When we finnally made it to the hill tribe where we would be sleeping. Imagine 12 people in one long wooden house.. sleeping on the floor.. freezing cold. It wasn't idyllic but it was quite an experience.
The next morning we started our walk to another waterfall which was again beautiful. After about another 2 hours hiking we stopped for lunch and then went elephant riding. It was different then last time because i was the ''lucky'' one to go on the neck of the elephant! Its ears were flapping really hard against me and its skin was really rough and hairy! It was really exciting and nerveracking going up hills.
After elephant riding we went bamboo rafting. You get 100% drenched and i dont think the driver of our raft knew what he was doing.. i was quite close to some rocks! Again, quite the experience!
After this we rushed our tour group to the bus station so we could catch the 5 oclock back to Phrae to teach the next day!
This Saturday is not only my moms
The 5 of usThe 5 of usThe 5 of us

walking to our camp site (you can see water buffalo behind us)
birthday, but its my "thai moms" (head of english) birthday as well. We're going to her house to celebrate then on Sunday there will be a parade in Phrae. The Princess will be here so hopefully I will be able to see her from the crowds!
Love you and thank you all for the comments,
Emily xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

WaterfallWaterfall
Waterfall

Me at the 2nd waterfall
ElephantElephant
Elephant

Me, Kim and Laura on the elephant!
Bamboo raftingBamboo rafting
Bamboo rafting

before we got soaking wet...
Nonglak and INonglak and I
Nonglak and I

me and my "thai mom"


20th February 2007

Wow
Wow - what an amazing trip!! You will look back on this in years to come and still be excited for your adventures. I'm glad Nonglak is taking care of you...momsy misses you lots and so do I. love big sis
20th February 2007

What a Brave Daughter!!!
Wow- you are awesome- what an adventurer. Love your pictures and am very proud of you. Life will be so boring back home after all these adventures. Love Mum
20th February 2007

Happy Birthday
Happy Birthday to your Thai Mom- Nonglak- all the very best and have a wonderful birthday Sincerely Linda

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0373s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb