Tigers, Elephants and Rafting!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Western Thailand » Kanchanaburi
July 27th 2008
Published: July 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Wow what a few days!!

On Friday we visited Tiger Temple, it is as exciting as it sounds!! Made our way there on a local bus and then had to walk 2k up a road into the jungle hoping we were heading in the right direction as there was no-one else around!! It was amazing, we got there just in time to help walk the big tigers down into the canyon, stroking them as we went. Had a special photo with matt holding the tiger's head!! Luckily it was a sleepy, chilled out tiger!! We also saw some cubs which were extremely cute and soft! One was very mischievous and kept running away and trying to growl (but it was more of a squeak!).

On Saturday we were picked up at 7.50 (very early! breakfast still in hand!) to go on a trip to see Erawan Waterfalls. They have 7 different tiers and were beautiful, difficult trekking to the top in the heat though!! When swimming in the waterfalls there were huge fish which nibbled our feet!! Later that day we went on an elephant ride - the elephant we were on seemed a bit of a rogue who wanted to do his own thing whilst all the others walked in line - the mahout (elephant driver!!) jumped off to take a photo and got Matt to sit on the elephants spiky-haired head with nothing to hold onto for the rest of the trek hahaha!! We headed back on a bamboo raft which was very relaxing after the bumpy elephant ride! Finally we went on a train ride on the Death Railway and visited the bridge over the River Kwai. A very tiring but fun day!

We're back in Bangkok at the mo, ready to go north to Chiang Mai in the morning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



28th July 2008

WOW!!
Wow! What a fantastic time you are having. We will post our travel blog of Bournemouth (or perhaps not)!!!. Although don't understand what Matt's sister has to do with a monkey?!!. Your photos are wonderful. Enjoy yourselves and stay safe. xxxxx

Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0315s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb