Thailand 08 - The land of smiles!!


Advertisement
Asia
July 24th 2008
Published: July 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in Thailand on Wednesday afternoon after a couple of flights with some interesting characters... we were sat near two couples consisting of a fat old man with lots of jewellry and young Thai wife dripping in cheap gold!

Spent our first night at the Hilton Hotel in Bangkok (thanks to the monkey aka Matt's sister!!) We were just pleased that they let us in in the first place!! Our room was on the 21st floor with a great view of the river and the worlds biggest window (luckily we didn't sleepwalk out of it!!!!). Walked around near the hotel - it was a bit scary as we were the only non-thai's around and the local cuisine seemed to consist of squids on sticks or wasp soup - all sold off dodgy carts in the street!!!! We decided to have room service after realising that most of our hotels restaurants (there were 7!!) were booked out for corporate do's - but the room service was nice and we took an interesting photo after - only to be shown when we return!!!!

(this is taking hours beacuse everytime I get a chance to write something Em is correcting all my
Room serviceRoom serviceRoom service

How romantic!!
spelling mistakes and lack of capital letters!!!)

Travelled to Kanchanaburi today and this is where our travelling really begins...


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

transportationtransportation
transportation

This poor guy pedalled us and backpacks over 1km!!!


24th July 2008

Wow!!
Hi, Sounds like you're both having a fab time, looks amazing!! Enjoy the rest of your time there xx

Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.048s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb