Here's one, we went to Erawan falls


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Western Thailand » Erawan NP
June 15th 2006
Published: June 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

After our 8am breakfast we walked the long walk to the bus station. We were on the bus (local bus) for 8.50am, just in time, we thought. However the bus did not leave until 9.40am! Nevermind. On the bus we got chatting to the only other ferang (Foreiginer) who had just come from Laos after giving him 24 questions he did actually put mine (Melissa's) mind at rest a little about actually going, so that was good. An hour and a half later we arrived at Erawan National Park.
Now as you can tell we have done this trip on our own without a tour. The tour was 900B for this stop, the death railway and a couple of other places. On the bus it cost us 40B, so saving already!

After getting a snack we set off to walk to the 7 steps of the waterfall. It's a mile long. Luckily it was a little cloudy so very hot but not burning hot.
It was a nice walk up and down, up and down through the woods. The steps were all pretty with bright clear blue pools with lots of fish.

We cooled off at step 7 when
A flutterbyA flutterbyA flutterby

What a shot!!!!
we reached the top. There were a few fish in this pool nibbling at our feet. The water was very refreshing. Whilst we were in the pool a monkey came and paid us a visit, pulling the funniest and most human faces whilst watching us and looking at our bag on the rocks. Having had a couple of bad experiences with the monkys we got out and picked up a stick which made him crouch and show his teeth, but he still wasn't moving.
We got our things together and moved on downwards to step 4. Now this pool had hundreds of fish, big ones too.

Andy got in first (after we had been warned about the nibbly fish by another guy who had just got out). Andy must have been in there all of 3 minutes before he swam like a girl and got out away from the biting fish.
I then decided to stick my foot in the water to see if it hurt or if he was just being a big poof.
Straight away I had at least 10 fish stuck to my heel and foot! So funny! Only hurt a little. I pulled my foot
One of the seven waterfallsOne of the seven waterfallsOne of the seven waterfalls

They were so pretty!!
out of the water and they were still attached. I played this game for 10 minutes or so then we moved on to have a swim at step 3.
This was the nicest as the waterfall was a little larger and we could swim right over to it. As long as you kept moving the fish couldn't get you.

The park was very nice and the pools were a really pretty colour of blue, on our walk we were seeing lizards, butterflies and monkeys as well as hearing the usual jungle noises in the background.

Back down the bottom we saw the bus was there and it was due to go in 10 mins. so we got ourselves a snack and hopped straight on the 3pm bus back. This time the bus was beeping it's horn for us! As soon as we were on it left.
As soon as we got back we had some dinner and booked on the Thai cooking course for tomorrow.

After showers and a little relaxing time we walked to the night market for a browse.
Then to the bar at 11pm for the England and Trinidad/Tabago match. There were a couple
On the one mile walk to the seventh waterfallOn the one mile walk to the seventh waterfallOn the one mile walk to the seventh waterfall

The sounds in the jungle are always wicked, some of the insects sound like electric tools running.
of other English in the bar. At 1 ish we eventually got to bed, absolutely shattered and very unimpressed in what we had seen. We are always the same aren't we? Boring!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

One more we're afraidOne more we're afraid
One more we're afraid

But it was nice!
Melissa having a splashing time.Melissa having a splashing time.
Melissa having a splashing time.

When you was in the water, you could feel the fish sucking on your feet.
The suspicious monkey!The suspicious monkey!
The suspicious monkey!

We're pretty sure he wanted our bag.The little devil.
A quick dip for Andy.A quick dip for Andy.
A quick dip for Andy.

And it was quick, them darn fish!
Something smells fishy round here.Something smells fishy round here.
Something smells fishy round here.

Ok maybe it was Melissa's feet.
Ok we are sorry.Ok we are sorry.
Ok we are sorry.

We have to put some photos on!


Tot: 0.174s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 29; qc: 128; dbt: 0.0805s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb