Sams River Raft House


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Western Thailand » Erawan NP
January 23rd 2007
Published: January 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

We have left Bangkok behind in the distance our last memories were of two thai women rubbing us up and down. Don't worry we didnt go to the red light district, we just enjoyed a oil massasge. We took a two hour bus ride north to Kanchanaburi on the river Kwai. Our accomadation is basic, a small raft house on the river, no hot water and a few cockroaches who seem to be squatting in our bathroom! we took a boat ride on the river to the Jeath War Museum and the War memorial cemetrey, which was sad but very well maintained, thumbs up to the Thai people who look after it! Further down the river was the infamous "Bridge over the River Kwai" got loads of photos, even managed to get one without any other tourists in the background! Also visited the Erwan National Park and its picturesque waterfall with seven tiers, we only made it to the fifth tier, as we spent too long sliding down the natural waterslide half way up. stopped off at the Tiger Temple on the way back but was a bit dissapointed in the way the tigers were being treated. Think we had visions of tigers and monks meditating together in a big golden temple, but were hit with seemingly heavily sedated tigers tied up for tourists to pose with for photos.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



29th January 2007

Sounds like you're having a wicked time! You wouldn't believe what you've been missing out on in Burgess Hill!!???...........erm......yeah right!! I love the piccies.........please keep them coming! Love you lots and lots!!!
30th January 2007

Hi guys looks like your having a great time! Thailand looks sweet especially the beers, arthur said have you seen any lady boys?! Malc your looking a bit chubby on that slide, catching up with me. How comes there's no pictures of rach? Missing you guys, i need someone to play golf with thats a challenge, ric's got shit again, really shit! Gotta go back to work now with arthur, peace out be good x x
30th January 2007

Hey guys, nice pics!! Sounds like you're having a wicked time.. Please keep it coming!! Cant believe 2 weeks has gone by already... Miss you lots xxx Ps - whats blogging? Am I dumb?!

Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 19; qc: 77; dbt: 0.0899s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb