Sai Noi Beach with Buddha


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Southern Thailand
February 17th 2017
Published: February 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Thursday 16th February



Today it's hit the beach day. Our favourite is called Sai Noi, an easy and scenic 20 minute drive through pineapple territory. We toasted happily for three hours, avoided the sea as still a bit choppy after the recent monsoon, not wanting to be swimming alongside the ever-present threat of Jellyfish. Not many people took the plunge either. We were unfortunate to have a couple of Danish tourists take up the adjoining sun-loungers, who chatted loudly to all of their Countrymen throughout our time there, so not particularly peaceful. We got stuck into our current books, and read happily until we turned a nice pinkish colour, then decided to pack up and drive a further ten minutes to check out the neighbouring fishing village/beach of Khao Tao, glimpsed briefly on the day Leo forgot his backpack!!. Access is around an inland Lake. We park up and immediately notice a large bill board offering all sorts of freshly caught local delights such as Telapia, Shrimps, Baby Turtles, Water Snake, Squid and Sparrows!. We manage to avoid temptation, and walk a few metres to enter Khao Tao temple village, which is a group of temples that span the headland and most of Turtle Hill. The area is a maze of varying shapes and types of Temples which wind around the hill ultimately leading to a Big Buddha at the summit.

The colours are almost overwhelming and large red silk lanterns sway across rooftops in the gentle breeze. The views across to the sea and far off Hua Hin, spectacular. As we are dressed for the beach we can't really linger too long in the actual temples, for fear of disrespecting the Monks there, but thoroughly enjoy the visit, and on leaving, the small fishing village at its base adds to the charm.



Plenty of photos today, courtesy of our Lumix camera. Home, napped, readied for our delayed Valentine's Dinner - decided on the spur of the moment to visit an Italian Beach Restaurant, Italian Husband, Thai Wife - enjoyed traditional and delicious Italian fare - ironically, the background music played there exactly mirrored the stuff we have been listening to, courtesy of U-Tube on our terrace. Very enjoyable evening, all for under 600baht including tip! (that's around £13.00).


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0659s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb