Friday May 8, 2009 Ko Phangan


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Southern Thailand
May 8th 2009
Published: June 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Friday May 8, 2009 Ko Phangan
The heads weren’t feeling too tops this morning, we were only able to brave the day from about 12 I think when we had to go out and get a full breakfast from Same Same, our place is down this super steep hill so that nearly killed us getting up it also. The plans for getting bikes out for the day went out the window anyhow because we were both felling like crap and made a bit of decision to upgrade to vodka buckets instead of Samsung.

Breakfast was good and then we headed down to the Lighthouse Bungalows again and managed to get money back for 3 from 5 of the nights so we were happy enough with that. The weather was absolutely roasting today though and I think it pushed our hangovers to near fatal on a few occasions, we would have given anything for some AC, we dipped into a few 7 eleven stores just for a moments cold air. We had to settle for our fan room again though.

Went on the internet in the resort next store for a little bit and did some skyping then headed up the hill again to get some dinner. Restaurants are pretty crap in Haad rin like the standard of a lot of things. If it wasn’t for full moon, don’t think would have stayed there more than 2 days, least we had our fantastic beach so that made up for some of the places inadequacies. After some crap food then we had put our bodies through enough the night before and were facing it again the next night times 10 so headed home. We stopped off and rented a quad bike to have a little tour around the rest of the island the next day for something a bit different so after very slowly descending the 1 in 3 slope to Cocohut we called it a night.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0475s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb