Pranburi, quiet beach region


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Southern Thailand
March 27th 2018
Published: March 27th 2018
Edit Blog Post

I am not a fan of huge beach resorts like in Cancun, with all the noise and concrete. That's what you would find in Phuket or Hua Hin in Thailand.



Pranburi region in upper Thailand gulf region, is about 2-2.5 hours from Bangkok, is a quiet place, with many accommodations and natural parks nearby, (Khao Sam Rot Yot).

I stayed there two times, when I headed South and when I got back. You can find very quiet beaches without having to go far. You also begin to see all these lime pillars in the landscape, so typical of south-East Asia. This is part of what is called a karst topography, (lime rock with texture of swiss cheese, with caves, sinkholes, underground rivers, etc...). In rainy tropical places, the topography is more dramatic. You can see many examples in park Khao Sam Rot Yot, and this makes very nice pictures. There are a couple of trails to explore the park, to see caves, marshes, etc...But check first with visitor center, because I know, that one that leads to a marsh is not usable anymore.

In the region, you can find rice fields and shrimps farming. With a couple of wetlands, it's also a place to look for birds.

Definitively, a good place to relax!!





Next stop, is Khao Sok national park, in the South.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0488s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb