Background: A unified Thai kingdom was established in the mid-14th century. Known as Siam until 1939, Thailand is the only Southeast Asian country never to have been taken over by a European power. A bloodless revolution in 1932 led to a constitutional monarchy. In alliance with Japan during World War II, Thailand became a US ally following the conflict. Thailand is currently facing armed violence in its three Muslim-majority southernmost provinces.
Photos from Songkhla
No Start a Travel Diary Free Travel Blog Site
Blogs from Songkhla
Latest Blogs from Songkhla
- January 18th 2013 Patong Beach, Phuket Island
by Words: 72 Photos: 0
- July 6th 2011 Our two days in Songkhla
by Words: 887 Photos: 0
- July 2nd 2011 2nd day in Thailand
by Words: 350 Photos: 0
- August 3rd 2008 Excuse Me, Your Bread is Covered in Ants. Oh, You Don't Care. I See. - Day 19: Biking South from Bangkok
by Words: 1276 Photos: 0
- June 14th 2008 Day 126 - 132/ 126. - 132 Den ( 07. 06 -13. 06. 2008 )
by Words: 566 Photos: 0
- December 30th 2006 Not for those of a sensitive disposition..... seriously.
by Words: 290 Photos: 2
- December 29th 2006 Not again!
by Words: 308 Photos: 3
- December 28th 2006 Cop Shop!
by Words: 1080 Photos: 7
- June 13th 2001 A little out of our depth in Thailand.....
by Words: 2083 Photos: 3