Trangtastic


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Trang
April 17th 2007
Published: March 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post


After spending a fantastic two weeks in Ko Lanta we took a shared minivan south to Trang.

Trang if renowned for its great coffee, lively markets and historic architecture.

It was a nice change to be somewhere with a bit of action. Luckily the hotel we wanted to stay at had a room (280 bht incl. air con) sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. The hotel (Ko Teng) was huge and looked really old with high ceilings and lots of spooky dark corridors ! We spent a couple of days in Trang checking out the shopping malls and trying the delicious coffee and desserts. The night markets are fab and sell weird and wonderful things. We ordered a couple of sticks of some kind of meat which turned out to be liver (at least it wasn't bbq'd cat :-)) We also spent a few hours in a cool bar called Jao Mai which had two thai guys singing. They even sang a few Marley/Dylan songs which was great. The beer was cheap (Chad was happy :-)) but the toilets were squat ones - i'm getting a bit better with them now and know to roll my trousers up before going in... he he he :-)

Trang also has some very cheap internet - 15bht for an hour so we managed to put lots of pictures on here.

Next stop is Langkawi, Malaysia, new country, new currency and probably new mozzie bites !!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb