Trying something new...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
November 23rd 2011
Published: November 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Ric:

Last night we went to see a ladyboys cabaret show, which was eye opening to say the least, very good fun and got to see some fit trannys haha.

This morning we thought we'd venture out of our benidorm-esque complex and see some different beaches. Decided to hire a scooter for 2 pounds each as I had previous experience and Naz thought he'd give it a go (how hard could it possibly be, its just a bike with an engine...). So we got to the beach and it was much more peaceful, really picturesque. We later wanted to eat at the local thai shack where I had a prawn pad thai and vegetables whilst Naz went for the traditional thai delicacy of chicken sandwich and chips, the thai element being a squirt of sweet chilli sauce on the chips. Earlier I mentioned that riding a scooter should be relatively easy; not for Naz. As it was his turn to drive, I assisted him in igniting the engine and setting off. Without having time to settle into the back seat, I was being driven head first and downhill through shrubbery, just about to hit the onlookers on the beach (who were sat below the seven foot wall we were just about to go over)...luckily Naz reacted to my squeels of "HANDS OFF THE THROTTLE!" whilst a lifeguard ran to help us. We were pleased that the whole beach turned to look at us, this made us less embarrassed about what had just happened. With no questions asked I took us home with an emotionally battered and strangely quiet Naz in the passenger seat. Naz has since taken a few tips and been out riding in circles in front of the hotel, it seems to have picked up his confidence and I'm sure that one day I will allow him to take the driver seat once again.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.082s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb