Ko Phi Phi....


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Phi Phi Don
November 28th 2011
Published: November 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Naz:

Hi again, sorry about the long wait for this third installment but its pretty hard to tear myself away from the paradise in which I am living on this island. We won't bore you with how beautiful this island is, firstly because it is utterly indescribable and secondly because we have so much to talk about.

The beach is so beautiful and tranquil during the day but come sunset the island comes alive and the beach front lights up with fire dancers and bright lights at every bar with all sorts of beach games from the traditional limbo to gigantic neon skipping ropes. Of course we tried them all and duly took all the free shots for our efforts.

On one of the nights we went out for some water and Ric came back with a tattoo! (I very nearly got one of my own)... Rics tattoo is brilliant and he's really happy with the results. It also has the added bonus of being something he will remember Thailand for as it was done using the traditional Thai technique of Bamboo Tattooing.

The next day we went on a boat trip around the island and our first stop was Shark Point where we went snorkelling. There were so many tropical fish and I even saw a Barracuda a few inches away from me, which was pretty cool. Our next stop was Monkey Beach where funny enough we saw a group of Monkeys. It was one of the most coolest things I've ever seen, especially being able to get so close to them (please see pictures) and we even caught the 'big daddy' monkey sneaking up and mating with one of the females!! Our final stop on the trip was Maya Bay, which is where the film 'The Beach' was filmed. it was in a cove nearly completely surrounded which made the water look absolutely amazing. It was like something from a movie!!

That night we decided to go the Reggae Bar where they show live Thai Kickboxing in a ring in the middle of the bar. In between porfessional fights they allow people in the bar to volunteer to have a go at fighting. Ric went in hoping his Capoeira experience would help him but wasn't expecting to be up against a German Boxer who had been training in Muay Thai for a month. The fight was stopped in the first round when Ric took a heavy blow to the head.

Having only planned to visit Koh Phi Phi for 2 days and ending up staying a week, clearly we have had a great time here. We have met a lot of different people from around the world and eaten some amazing food. the only downside has been how badly I am sunburnt... Looking on the bright side though, if I hadnt I would never have been able to prize myself away from the beach to write this blog!! x


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb