We got here in one piece...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
November 22nd 2011
Published: November 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

So we arrived in Patong, Phuket after travelling for about a day and a half, Leaving Newcastle at 11am on 20th November and arriving in Patong at 11pm on 21st November... as you can imagine we were knackered but WE WERE ON HOLIDAY so decided to head straight out. The intention was to get some food but with no restaurants being open we ended up being persuaded to have a few drinks at a bar hut while the barmaid ordered us a pizza... not the most cultural way to start our time in Thailand!

This bar was no ordinary bar, let me tell you, when we asked for two 'Tigers' (as in the beer), they twisted our words and shouted 'you want two thai girls?' and immediately rang the bell. We soon shit ourselves and proceeded to tell them we weren't interested, we were just thirsty. It turned out this was their sense of humour and was a sign of the way the night would go. After a few drinks and many games of Jenga, Connect 4 and Jackpot (with the loser having to buy sambucas) aswell as hitching a ride on a motorbike driven buy one of the 'thai girls' every time we needed the toilet, we decided to turn in for the night and start the day afresh in the morning. We found the locals to be very welcoming on our first night and we had a lot of fun.

On our first full day in Thailand we decided to go to Patong Beach for the day. The beach itself was quite nice but we found the tuk tuk drivers and the market sellers to be quite pushy. I suppose it is to be expected, givewn that Phuket is the tourist capital of Thailand. Riccardo will never forget a particular incident where a beautiful potential Thai bride and local masseuse stopped him in the street and without any warning simply said the words... 'Happy Ending Sir??'

All in all our first few days have been tiring but so far enjoyable and I'm sure there will bhe plenty more to come....

N x

Advertisement



23rd November 2011

LOVE THIS!!
YOU'VE MAD ME A WEE BIT EXCITED :-) I'll get my jordie accent on as soon as i get there ''NOOOOOOOO'' and hope for the same welcoming!!XX

Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb