Off and running!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
June 4th 2006
Published: June 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well, we finally made it to Thailand! For those who don't know, my back packed up on me the day before we were due to leave and I literally couldn't walk without Stu holding me up. But thanks to a brilliant chiropractor who adjusted me at home and again on Sunday at the clinic we were able to get on the plane as scheduled. it has been a little sore but nothing too bad so that's on the mend. bangkok is an assault on the senses, with noise, pollution and too many neon sights for your irises to take in all at once. You have to go just to say you've been there. We did a fair amount of walking around looking for a Personal media Centre for Stu which we located on the last day, and did the necessary paperwork for the wedding legalities within 20 minutes! All good.

We left on Wednesday 31st May to head down to Phuket. Apart from forgetting to organise transfers at the airport and the hotel apparently having us check in a day later it was all good. This place is PARADISE! 3 pools to laze around in, one that brings you cocktails and food in the pool, a day spa, you name it they have it here. All our guests are thinking of complaining because it's soooo horrible! Everyone has arrived and last night Stu and I were presented with t-shirts which every one on the trip has...name on the front and Ky & Stu's phuket wedding June 2006 on the back...! Very funny...bloody tourists...you can pick us out pretty easily now...

We have met with our wedding coordinator and the resort to finalise last minute details and have a meeting with the celebrant tomorrow to go over vows, ceremony etc but it's all going as smoothly as we had anticipated. The only drawback at the moment is that i was so excited to see people yesterday that I pulled a calf muscle rushing down the stairs to meet people so i can hardly walk. Yep - I'm doing great! have been to see the resort doctor who advises plenty of rest (tough in a place like this!) and no ALCOHOL! I'm sorry? no comprehende!! Should be all ok by Wednesday though.

People are doing their own thing during the day but by about 3pm most people are back for the day and settling in at the pool bar (it's packed with our crew as I'm typing this...if you couldn't already have guessed that!).

So - that's about all the news. The next time I will write it will be as Mrs Kylie Grieve but the nerves still haven't hit and I don't think they will. We're both very excited and can't wait for Wednesday. By the way, my wedding dress and Stu's trousers were ordered by Wed night (the day we arrived) and both will be ready tomorrow - plenty of time as predicted!

Wherever you are, we're thinking of you and we're toasting you at the pool bar whenever we get a drink!

Much love and chat again soon.

Ky & Stu
xxooxx

PS sorry no pics for the time being - this 4 1/2 star resort doesn't have the capabilities to read photos from camera to computer - go figure! Either that or there's a really big language barrier! See ya!

Advertisement



6th June 2006

astral travel. im there
Loved reading 'up and running' Kylie. Had a huge laugh about all your physical misfortunes thus far. Now isn't the pain meant to kick in after you are married?? By the time you read this you will be Mrs Grieve. OMIGOD! while you are at the pool looking at your view of paradise I am in Thornbury staring at apile of corrections. I dream of being there and am perfecting my astral travel. maybe i will see you there later tonight. Maya

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0546s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb