5th June


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
June 5th 2009
Published: June 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Down for a morning in the pool and then a big vodka and back to the dentist.
More crowns and the last of the filling removal and replacement.
Back to Karon Beach for lunch and some rather tragic excitement. While we were waiting for lunch to arrive, there was an influx of police and ambulances all with sirens blazing all happening about 100 metres away. We went over to the beach to see what all the excitement was and there were people in the surf with life vests and ropes etc, it appears someone had gone missing in the water which is not surprising as the water at this time of the year is treacherous with a really bad undertow. I am a good swimmer, and even I wasn’t keen on swimming in the surf. The people in the water could not find whoever they were looking for due to the rough conditions so we don’t know what the outcome was, but don’t feel it was a good one. When we left, there were a lot of people gathered on the beach all looking seaward.
From where we were, we could see something in the water about 500m off shore, was it a bouy or a body? Don’t know just hope it wasn’t the latter.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.059s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb