Phuket : Reunion ABAC group


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
February 6th 2009
Published: March 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The idea came up with a chilling wine picnic with May at Lumpini Park, easy quick beach trip plus visiting Tien at Phuket so we discussed with Joe and organized the flight tickets with Bangkok Airway for 3,800 bht.

2 Friends arrived a day before (Kwan & Yui), then follow with three of us (Joe, May, Kay) then a german friend (Thorsten) who arrived at the same time by bus since the ticket is fully booked, and then one guy (Pong) who came with his afternoon flight.

The plan was to leave home at 6 a.m. but May rang me 5:45 a.m. so I was running around, shower, preparing bag within 15 mins. Well we end up waiting for Joe at Suvarnabhumi and kept praying that he wouldn't forget our tickets.

Here's the part I don't like about Phuket, walking out of Airport with many Taxi drivers and travel agents rushing to talk to you, we decided to go to Patong with Taxi Meter. But again, I don't understand Taxi Meter here, beside paying according to the meter, we still need to pay 100 baht extra to the taxi driver (is it common or we've got ripped off). After 5 mins driving out from the airport, I realized that I forgot my mobile phone in ladies room at the airport then May rang my number and spoke to an airport staff, luckily keeping the phone for me. We told Taxi driver right away and what he replied was he wanted to charge 300 baht extra just to turn back to the airport, this is mad.. So I told Pong, the guy who will arrive in the afternoon to contact the airport staff and get the phone for me.

Finally we arrived Merrison Inn, at Patong, new modern chinese look with super cute rooms, 3 rooms we had in total, each room has different style. The bathroom is nice.. rain shower so relaxing. The hotel is not so far and not so close to Patong beach, just a block away, it is perfect location I think, not too close to noisy places..

We met Tien and his gf there, and we had 9 people in total. After having Khao Man Gai (Hainan chicken rice) we were heading to Wat Chalong, the famous temple in Phuket, by 2 cars and I drive follow Tien all along the way. After spending time at Wat, we went to floating seafood restaurant called "Kachang Krowit", fresh fish, oyster, prawn, shell.. mmm... super full... gave up the idea about diet for a day.. hahahaa...

After got back to Merrison Inn.. we rested a bit and then having a quick look at Patong night life.. Walking through crazy Bangla street, seeing tourists taking photo of ladyboys... then.. we went to Thai Bar, live music and hip hop.. oi boring hip hop.. Back to the hotel and collapse.. around 3 a.m. I guess..





Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 62; dbt: 0.1229s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb