See ya Phuket


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
October 14th 2005
Published: October 16th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Yay! I'm up before the 7am alarm call as we're leaving this morning. Having packed last night there's time for a long lukewarm shower before breakfast overlooking the sea for the last time.
There is no doubting that Karon Beach is beautiful but I'm bored, Kev has the stinking flu and I can't wait to get the hell out of here.
We arrive back at the bungalow and our porter is waiting to take our luggage off to the hotel car, at least we get trasfer back to the airport and the driver is cautious but speedy.
We arrive and have a short wait before our final internal flight back to Bangkok.
Kev is wearing his cold with dignity, coughing everywhere and constantly asking where all the snot comes from. We board and within the hour are back in the city.
We attempt to go out, but it's raining again and impossible to walk anywhere. This is probably a blessing in disguise as Kev is getting progressively worse and feeling like shit.
We go back to the hotel, Kev has a hot bath and then gets into bed, it will be at least 16 hours before he gets up again!
I order from the room service menu. The staff are lovely but keep referring to me as Mr Borg, I can't be bothered to explain that I'm actually Mrs.
It's crap movies a go-go tonight. Kevin Bacon and some other crap actors in a truly rubbish (is there any other kind of) Paul Veerhoven movie. Kev sees the titles, realises it's not Showgirls or Starshit Troopers and goes to sleep. Let's hope that tomorrow is more eventful.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb