Jungle Fever


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
October 13th 2005
Published: October 16th 2005
Edit Blog Post

I have spent most of this morning coughing and sneezing. I have a cold. I have an achy shoulder. I am miserable and know that we have a "dry run" return journey to the airport arranged today so we can get an idea of time.
Scarlet has about 7 bites now, despite being covered in mozzie repellant and also being a one woman army against the flying bities. She has escalated her War to crawlies now just to be sure. Ants are top of the list and are being executed with extreme efficiency.
This morning we are off to the Marriot where a nice Egyptian will attempt to flog us a posh version of timeshare. He's less than pleased when Scarlet calls it 'timeshare' as it's a vacation club, but whatever way you try to dress it up, it's still timeshare.
We wander around a nice hotel, with all the trimmings having been all the blurb and been talked figures afterwards. The poor guy knows that we're not interested in the slightest but still goes through the motions. We are happy as we now know how long it will take us to get to the airport.
Our taxi arrives to take us back to Marina, we ask if he will drop us at Central, a shopping mall that's in the middle of Phuket. He agrees and we are back into some form of civilization, albeit briefly.
We spend a happy couple of hours window shopping, there's much less here than we originally thought, more resturants than anything else, and a Manchester United shop!
We have lunch and hop in another taxi back to Marina.
Tonight we brave the tailors, I'm in a foul mood because of my cold and I'm willing them to approach me. It could be the non-stop coughing, but none of them call out. We stop at Kwongs Shop Seafood. Outside on ice are the biggest prawns, lobster and crab that we have seen and the prices are low. Scarlet has two huge king prawns, they take up half the plate! I go for the hottest things I can find on the menu in the hope that they will kill my cold.
It doesn't work, but was worth a try and the food was excellent.
Tomorrow we leave, and while it's beautiful here we have both decided that we are city people and the beach and pool don't offer enough to keep our minds occupied.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.032s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.016s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb