The second day in Phuket after two years


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
October 19th 2006
Published: January 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

It was a long journey for my wife and I, we realised this after we looked back at the map in the hotel.

We started in the morning, riding motorcycle from Karon to Kamala beach, one of the beaches worst hit by tsunami back in Y2004. We saw the efficiency and the care of the Thai government in promoting their tourism business, signboards are placed everywhere to lead tourists to safer place in case of any recurrence.

We stopped by a hut to get some drinks and rest, before we continued our journey to Surin Bay, the water was crytal clear and the weather was fuming hot. Next to the beach is Laguna Phuket, where some of the 5 star hotels and resorts are located.

We were ambitious enough to continue our journey to Phuket town under the hot burning sun, the ride took us another 40 minutes or so. By the time we reached the town, my wife just could not bear the heat any longer, we headed to a fast food chain and ordered the BBQ pork in rice paste, something we do not get in the fastfood chain in Malaysia. We were rejuvenated and grabbed some beers and dragon fruits before heading back to hotel.

For the night, we headed to Kata beach and savoured some local Thai food. Look at our rock lobsters. There are lots of western restaurants in Phuket, but as for us, local food in every country will always be our priority.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb