The third day in Phuket after two years


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
October 20th 2006
Published: January 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

It was the third day of our trip, we headed to Chalong Wat, which we found to our surprise to house the Buddha relic . The Buddha relic was transported all the way back from Sri Lanka. You may find Chalong Wat's history illustrated at the temple, which we will not further explain here.

We headed for "Kan Eng", after hearing so much of good comments about them. On the way to "Kan Eng", the weather was so hot that we stopped by a coffee shop for some drinks. My wife tasted the glutinous rice and love it so much, now pestering me to go back to Phuket for more. At the coffee shop, we spotted some "Muay Thai" trainees having thier lunches at the coffee shop, some of them may be as young as six years old! Apparently, there is a "Muay Thai" stadium at the back of the coffee shop. We took a photo of the "Muay Thai" stadium.

Finally, we arrived at "Kan Eng", it is located next to the beach with tables by the seaside. Looking out to the sea, you will see plenty of yachts berthing at the sea. Again, we ordered some Thai dishes, not forgetting the "curry crabs". Most importantly, a Heineken to fight off the thirst. "Kan Eng" itself is surrounded by trees, thus very cosy although we were there at noon, the sea breeze added to more comfort.

We stayed there for almost two hours before we finally decided to leave. I got a shock when I did not find my motorcycle key. I looked around the table and the surrounding area, then I traced back to the place where I chose the seafood, after that to the washroom, but still failed to locate the key. A waiter spotted my anxiety and few of them joined in the search. One of them found a key, but not ours. Finally, an alert waiter found my key, covered in a menu which they presented to us earlier, I felt so relief and thankful for the efforts they put in the key search.

After taking rest in the hotel, we took a ride to Patong, where we had an aromatic massage. You can't say that you have been to Thailand until you had some sort of massage here. The massage was fantastic, with a room for both of us. Without the rain, the ride back to Karon did not seem so long and cold.

Tomorrow, we will leave Phuket, we promised ourselves and Phuket island that we will make a return.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0345s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb