First Day in Phuket after two years


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
October 18th 2006
Published: January 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Thanks to Air Asia and now everyone can fly, I can't help but to promote this airline of Malaysia. Both my wife and I had been using Air Asia to reach Phuket island for the second time, first being two years ago for our Honeymoon.

It was nearing the end of Monsoon season this time round and the weather was so good, and hot. It was exactly the beach weather we were expecting. The tour bus dropped us off at our chosen hotel in Karon Beach, a choice we made as we wanted a quieter place to stay for this trip. The hotel was not by the sea but every room in the hotel has access to the swimming pool. Karon beach has undergone rapid development for the past two years, we saw more new hotels mushrooming here and there.

The first thing we did after checking in was to look for transportation, which will bring us about for the next few days, and to the food outlet immediately. We rented a motorcycle and scout around for quick bites, as we wanted to catch the sunset at Promthep Cape, an activity we missed two years ago.

WE MADE IT THIS TIME, we just managed to catch the sunset and we never regretted it. The scene lasted for less than 15 minutes before the sun totally disappeared from the sky.

We then crossed the mountain and got ourselves to the Molly Malone's in Patong for our dinner. The way back to Karon beach was a long ride as it was still drizzling then and certain parts of the roads are without street lights. Worse still, I sacrificed my Adidas sunglasses as it just flew off my shirt during the ride.




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0692s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb