Thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Krabi
January 28th 2008
Published: January 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello to everyone! We are now in Thailand and for all of you who think we are lying around of the beach whilst you are working you should know that things have been tough for us these past few weeks the days are hard and then the nights come...no seriously you would be right we are just lying around in the sunshine we could not be more laid back if we tried!

It is actually hard trying to think of things to write as we really have not been doing alot, we spend all day on the beach swimming in the sea, reading, eating the local cusine and swinging in hammocks. The most exercise we get is our daily session of bat n ball, currently our record stands at 288 consecutive hits without the ball hitting the ground we are aiming for 500 by the time we arrive at Heathrow. Not much of an ambition but it passes the time.

Our first stop in Thailand was Koh Lanta after being driven there by some crazy man in leather fingerless driving gloves, he was the most dangerous driver we have ever encountered of the worst kind too - young and trying to show off to his friends in his pimped up ride. We kissed the sand when we arrived! We spent 11 perfect days on Klong Nin beach doing as stated above, we met some nice people whilst relaxing on the island. They love a fireshow out here so we had to watch one on the beach every night as you can imagine it was mildly entertaining on the first night but after that the novelty wore off. We then caught a longtail boat to a tiny Island near Koh Lanta called Ko Bu Bu which is a private island with 13 huts on it, a very basic restaurant and no electricity, it only takes 15 minutes to walk round it. It was very quiet as you can imagine and we had only a family of hippies and a coulple of nudists for company! We loved it here but towards the end of our time there we were starting to crave some decent food well just a 7-11 hotdog really!

Next stop Phi Phi Island - Coming from Bu Bu it was abit of a shock to see so many people again they couldn't be more opposite both small islands but Phi Phi is absolutley heaving. To be honest you can not really see what a beautiful island it is anymore as they have built on every square inch and they seem to have big problems managing their waste so its kind of a dump in some ways. The young and the beautiful love it here and I think most people come here for the nightlife now. There is a bar there where drunk tourists are encouraged to get in the Thai boxing ring and fight each other I think that just about says it all about Phi Phi island - some people will do anthing for a free drink, saying that we stayed in there and watched it all night it was hillarious watching these lads giving it the big'n thinking they could actually Thai box. The next day we took a longtail trip to Maya bay where "The Beach" was filmed and did some snorkelling along the way. Maya bay is lovely pure white sand and crystal waters.

We are now making our way up to Bangkok to cross into Cambodia where we aim to stay for a month.

Will be in touch soon

Love to you all

Jake and Kerri xx




Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Maya BeachMaya Beach
Maya Beach

Where the film "The Beach" was filmed.


28th January 2008

Oh My God
What a fabarooney time your having.....am loving your blogs (even if I'm green with envy!) Well done you for doing this real trip of a lifetime and what fantastic photos and memories you'll have.
29th January 2008

Looks Great.
If only i could turn back time and lose a few kids. Sorry for not reply to you both b 4 now but only just worked out how 2. Jake you know what a computer buff i am. Looks like your having a great time well jealous. Jake are you sure that driver is worse than me, you must remember that drive from jaxx.
29th January 2008

Hi you two!! Well it looks like you are still having the most amazing time and glad you took some time out to just chill and relax on the beach!! Alex and I have just come back from 2 weeks in the Maldives on a tiny island with nothing to do - it was utter bliss!! But the best bit was we were there on our honeymoon!! Yes we tied the knot!! So have a drink in the sun on us!! x
30th January 2008

Hello, glad you guys are still having a fab time! The tans are coming along nicely i see, very jealous! Clare and I booked our flights for Thailand at easter, shame we will have just missed you by a few weeks but sure you will be living it up in Cambodia by then! Take care x x x

Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0549s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb