Bali


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali
January 13th 2008
Published: January 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Happy New Year everyoneHappy New Year everyoneHappy New Year everyone

Don't let his smile fool you this is the worst tasting beer we have ever had
Happy New Year to you all!

After our last blog in which we moaned about the weather in Australia things got progressively worse and on our way up to Fraser Island we turned on the radio to find out they where evacuating it due to cyclones, we decided enough was enough and action had to be taken we got on the first plane to Bali in search of the sun and after spending Christmas in Australia we were in Bali in time to see in the New Year!

Bali was great we spent most days on the beach and after a week we went to a place called Ubud in the countryside for a couple of days. We treated ourselves to a little bit of luxury accommodation it is so cheap in Bali that it would be rude not to. We visited the Monkey Temple which was just a load of monkeys running around snatching anything they could get their hands on and apart from that we took it easy and took advantage of the cheap food and beer.

We have spent the last 4 days making our way up to Ko Lanta in Thailand which is where we are writing this blog. We flew to Singapore from Bali which we knew would be expensive so we decided to stay for just one night the only hotel we could afford was one that also rented rooms out by the hour to the local ladies of the night. Nice! We made our way to the train station in the morning and got the train to Kuala Lumpur we spent the night in a hostel, looked around china town market and the spent the next day walking round a massive air condition shopping centre looking at all the lovely things that we can't afford to buy being the shoe string travellers that we are now. That was it for KL as we jumped on the night train to Thailand that evening.

That's all from us for now we will write again soon

Lots of love
Jake and Kerri xx

P.S Our last day in Australia was spent at Steve Irwin's zoo (we have put some pics on the end) which was hands down the best zoo we have been to, most of the animals where roaming round freely (apart from the crocs) and you could interact with the roo's and the koala's. We watched Terri Irwin doing the Croc show, all in all it was a great day out! The only down point of the day for Jake was handing back the campervan at the end of it, don't worry he managed to give it one last clean.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

Jake looking deep in thoughtJake looking deep in thought
Jake looking deep in thought

...but actaully just trying to work what the time is in the UK to check the footy scores!
Leaving KL for Thailand..Leaving KL for Thailand..
Leaving KL for Thailand..

Yes Jan that is another bag that we have had to buy for all Jake's new T-shirts (and 4 new pairs of trainers)


Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0188s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb