Krabi


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Krabi
December 4th 2007
Published: December 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Took the 14 hour overnight bus from Bangkok to Krabi on the south west coast of Thailand. Journey was pretty horrific for me, took 2 sleeping pills and still hardly slept so was pretty grouchy the whole of the next day. When arriving in Krabi we had a number of beach resorts to choose from, eventually went for Rai Li beach, took a 30 min boat ride to it and found a basic bungalow to stay in for 700 BHT a night. When I say basic this place didn't even had a bed just 2 thin matresses on the floor, numerous openings for creepy crawlies to get in and a door that didn't even lock. We had no choice beacause all the other places were out of our budget.

On one of our nights out here, Neal and I returned to the room in the early hours, to find 2 large cockroaches on our floor, we were like a couple of girls trying to remove them. I selpt with the mosquito net over my head for the rest of night. Save to say I didn't sleep much.

Spent our days in Rai Li chilling on the beaches which were amazing, one beach had monkeys in the trees which we fed, white sand, turqoise water and the best sunset. Had some good nights out here, met a lad from London here who is now travelling with us. Next stop Ko Phi Phi........

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb