The Sun Comes Out to Play


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Krabi
July 19th 2018
Published: July 22nd 2018
Edit Blog Post

The sun finally arrived on our honeymoon! We hurried out of bed to take advantage of the clear morning, unknowing if the storm clouds would move back in. Kristy got a banana and chocolate pancake breakfast while we walked between two beaches. We settled into a spot on Ao Nang beach. It was hot, sunny, and breezy; a perfect day for the beach. We laid out for a while then tested the surf. The water was warm but still refreshing.

After soaking up as many rays as we could, we ascended some beachside stairs to the Crab Company restaurant. We each had shrimp and Chang beers for lunch. The shrimp were scrumptious and the Changs were chilled. We then headed back to the hotel to get out of the sun for a bit.

The sun was still out so we opted for some pool time rather than sitting in the room. Fortunately, there were some shady parts of the pool. The front desk staff at the 8icon offered poolside beer delivery and did not seem to mind us drinking from glass bottles in the pool. Eventually, some families invaded our private pool party. Kristy engaged in a thrilling and communication constricted game of catch with a 4-year-old Chinese girl.

For dinner that night we decided to find a spot that would offer views of the sun setting over the Andaman sea. We found that the Long Tail Boat Restaurant would offer what we wanted. The food and the view were lovely. Brad had a green curry pizza that he highly recommends.



When the sun was fully set, we headed back to the hotel after a full day of fun and sun.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0495s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb