Why Do They Call It Wet Season?


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ao Nang
July 17th 2018
Published: July 20th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We departed the hotel for a daybreak flight out of Chiang Mai to the coastal territory of Krabi. We took an Air Asia flight which was somewhere between a Southwest and Spirit. We transferred to a private coach to our hotel, 8icon in Ao Nang, arriving before check-in. We got lunch at a small street restaurant and were able to check-in after eating.

After a short nap, we ventured down to the beach to check out the surf. The conditions were cloudy and windy which resulted in rough waters. We walked along the beach enjoying the passing patches of sunlight. On the way back to the hotel we stopped for some Indian food when the heavens opened and we learned why this is called the wet season. After dinner, we stayed in the hotel room while sheets of rain blanketed the area.

The next day the monsoon continued. We took a tuk-tuk to Ton Ma Yom, a local spot, for lunch. We thought it was okay, but not worth the cab fare. The rest of the day was a washout so we stayed in the room and watched San Andreas on Netflix.

For dinner that night Kristy found a cooking class for us. Nobody else was signed up for the class, so we ended up getting private instruction from the chef. We were given a menu from which we choose an appetizer, soup, curry, and stir-fry. The class also included mango sticky rice for dessert. The chef was very nice and knowledgeable about Thai food. We learned about the different spices and herbs that make Thai food unique. Together we made: papaya salad, spring rolls, coconut chicken soup, massaman and green curry, chicken pad thai, and holy basil chicken. The meal was delicious and true to our chef’s word, Thai food is fast and simple to make. We left with our bellies full feeling like we salvaged something out of our first two wet days in Krabi.

Advertisement



20th July 2018

cooking class
What a great idea Please share the recipes- I love Thai food Stay dry?

Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0517s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb