Ko Yao Noi


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Yao
January 29th 2016
Published: January 30th 2016
Edit Blog Post

After bus journeys , planes, taxis and boats we have moved from the chaotic city life of Kuala Lumpur to laid back island life in Thailand
Our aim was to find an island not hit by tourism. I think we've found it here. There's just one road circling the island with only the odd motor bike and sangthweth ( open taxi) on.
Our hut is facing the beach reached by a little wooden bridge over a moat filled with water Lillies. Out to sea many tall lime karsts reach up to the sky.
There is a collection of bungalow operations and restaurants and one shop.
A short walk away is a mangrove forest teeming with wildlife. Hornbills and hawks fly through the trees and in the mangrove itself we've seen tiny fish developing,orange claw crabs and a huge snake! Thankfully we were on boardwalks. The walk brings you out onto a nice sandy bay with warm sea water. Unfortunately there is non coral but it's still a nice place to chill.

One night whilst walking back from the Green coffee shop ( best place for a sunset beer) we noticed an orange glow behind the limekarsts, as we watched it rose higher and soon we realised it was the moon. A full moon in an black sky studded with stars. A magical sight. Sadly I can't put a photo on as the camera won't connect to the Nexus. Any I put on are what we take with the Nexus itself so, sorry the quality is not the best.

Well we may be here some time, we have a nice room so no hurry to move on yet.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



31st January 2016

sounds lovely
sounds lovely, Sheila, and love the photos with the karsts making the horizon across the sea.

Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0778s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb