Ko Samui


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
May 22nd 2006
Published: June 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Koh Samui

How far so far, so goooood!

Chaweng BeachChaweng BeachChaweng Beach

We like beaches!!
We left our dear little sweat box and headed to the next Island (Ko) Ko Samui!

Landed at ferry terminal and started hunting for our transfer that was, or we thought to be included in the package.. But as with most things whilst travelling not everything goes to plan..

We ended up taking a local bus to our accommodation costing 50 baht! Thats like really cheap!

We arrived at our accommodation after getting a little wet (tropical rain storm, nice to cool us down) and booked in with some reservation as to what our acc was going to be like. To our surprise it was the Hilton compared to what we were staying in. It even had Sky TV and its own movie channel although somewhat suspect!

As we had our own little beach with the complex (Thai resort) we spent the next week relaxing so not to over do anything - it is hard travelling!! We did wonder to both Chaweng Beach and Lamai Beach which were really nice and very chilled days out. I (J) Have to say that I like shopping, its fun even if your not going to purchase anything!!

I think
Chaweng BeachChaweng BeachChaweng Beach

We like beaches!!
the highlight of the week was our wander to a Thai boxing match, which like most things was not planned.. It started off with the build up of most fights and then we thought we heard that it was going to be two ladyboys fighting!! But it was actually two girls kickboxing, or should I say more like a school yard fight!! Bit of a giggle really!!

Shortly afterwards to two male fighters got on with - Oh what a difference... I so would not like to ever to have to get in the ring with one of them!! It was really amazing to see how good they were at reading each other and making the opponent react in the way they wanted them to.. Very hard to descibe the precision and skill etc.. required.

At the end of the week it was time to get up at the crack of dawn for our next location - 5am!! Far too early!




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

McDonaldsMcDonalds
McDonalds

We never quite sank to these depths!!!
The barThe bar
The bar

Thai Boxing Bar
Money and young girls...Money and young girls...
Money and young girls...

This time they kept some of there clothes on!!
Much more manly!Much more manly!
Much more manly!

Don't want to get in the ring with these blokes!
Thai BusThai Bus
Thai Bus

Yes - really!! A BUS!!!!


Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0333s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb