Ko Samui


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
January 31st 2008
Published: January 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi Peeps,

We arrived safe and well on the sunny island of Ko Samui. We landed at the best airport you can imagine. A runway and an arrivals hut with a straw roof.
Our first stop was Hi coral Cove. Quite clean bungalows with the most fantastic view of the sea. It wasn't on a beach but it did have a quiet pool to lounge around in all day (which we of course did).
We did have some guests in our bed on the first night. A party of ants were spotted by Becca hanging out on our bed. We told reception and they came to the rescue with some repellent. The entire bed was sprayed with this stuff. Next minute the cleaner had left, "er hello any chance of some clean sheets as these ones are going to give us a bit of a headache."

We headed into a small town called Lamai in the evening with bars and restaurants. The place comes alive after the oldies go to sleep. This is what we heard anyway. Tee hee.

We lounged by the pool yesterday and in the evening decided to head in the other direction along the coastline towards a town called Chaweng for all those who have heard of it. This town very much reminded us of Falaraki and stank of it too. It was full of Brits and Ozzies off their faces.

Bex was taken aback by a little monkey that was quietly eating coconut in a guys arms. He tried to make me hold it for a picture then charge me a small fortune for the photo. No thanks! Bex had a little word in its ear and its on its way to you as we type Sam.

We headed home early on public transport which out here consists of a Ute type of van with a cover over the back. We hung on for dear life and politely rang the bell when it was time to jump off.

Bex was feeling pretty tired when we got back and was keen to hit the sack. As we got ready for bed I found a fresh poo on the floor. Strange I thought to myself. Where could it have come from? I checked out our Bungalow and found nothing initially. As I was about to brush my teeth I caught site of a rather large Lizard (which we hope you can see a photo of) on the bathroom wall appx 40cm in length. No chance was I going to get rid of that on my own. I dashed to reception and called for help. A young guy came to the rescue and managed to prod it a few times and push it through the window. What a David Attenborough moment!

Love ya all


XXXXX





Advertisement



31st January 2008

hardcore
i see you guys are proper hardcore travellers! i can just imagine you two on 'The Beach'- hunting and building huts and all that! sounds amazing in all seriousness. we had torrential rain and gale force winds today, so you aren't missing much, although the 6 nations rugby starts on saturday-will you be able to watch it? i'll sing a chorus on 'swing low' just for you two. keep the pictures coming. Rob

Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb