Day 9 - Koh Samuri


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
January 30th 2007
Published: January 31st 2007
Edit Blog Post

After a good night sleep, we head off for breakfast which is a buffet with a selection of food from what seemed to be from around the world. There was sushi, waffles, bacon and eggs a whole range of fruits not to mention juices. Then it started the rain it came down like a mist at first and with each second that passed the droplets changed and grew bigger and bigger until it was a good old tropical storm. What made Tess (who's normally an angel) laugh was watching all the sunbathers gather up their carefully arranged towels and other items and scamper for shelter.

Watch out for English speaking scammers as some can be quite obnoxious. Your best bet to handle the sort of situation we came across is to just ignore them and not call them a F@#k#@g freak like I was going to, but thanks to the calming influence Tess has on me I resisted.

Just a thought if you fancy coming to Koh Samui, it’s very very touristy. In fact it so touristy it no longer feels like Thailand. In our complex and all along the beach if beautiful and relaxing but get out in the main streets and you feel like pulling you hair out. You can't walk ten feet with someone saying you need taxi boss, or hello boss man you like suit, or you lost you want help boss.

To cheer Tess up after the event out on the streets we decide to have cocktails by the sea and watch the world go by, then just for save measure Tess has a Thai pedicure followed by another cocktail and some Thai snacks on the beach, and a moonlit walk back to the Amari hotel. This is the perfect way to get back into the holiday spirit


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0331s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb