Day 85 - 90, Phi Phi, 19th - 24th Oct


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Phi Phi Don
October 19th 2011
Published: September 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

So we arrived in Phi Phi and started the familiar search for accommodation, only this time it seem the whole island was booked up and there was no room at the inn! We eventually found the one hotel with availability for that night so we had to take it, on first impression it was ok but once again time told a different story. The sheets had these very suspicious stains on them and we were worried that it was blood from bed bug bites eeekkkk we had so far managed to avoid bed bugs. So we got out the silk sleeping bags and got very little sleep.



We had to get up really early to go back to the two places that said "come back tomorrow" to see if they had any availability, but there was so many people on the island looking for a nice place to stay we needed to be ahead of the crowd and the next boat that was due in....



So we went to the first place and she asked us to wait 20 mins and she would know if there was a room. So after waiting she for a little while she was like yes we have a room woop woop this place was fab, super expensive compared to what we were used to, but we didn't care cus there was no way we were staying in the PP Charlie.



About 5 mins after we got our room 3 other couples came in looking to see if there was a room cus they were told to come today. We got the only room available thank God.



We hadn't even seen the room but we just knew that it was really swish. So we booked in for 5 nights. Phi Phi was just amazing it is like two big mountains joined in the middle by a thin strip of land. The beaches are on either side of the little strip of land and they are perfect white surrounded by clear blue seas and only 10 mins to go from one side to the other.



There are no cars or motor bikes on the island the only way to get around is by foot or bicycle. During the day there is such a chilled relaxed atmosphere and it is so quiet because there are no motors or horns beeping.



At night the place turned into party central but in a good way, everything is physically so close together it feels like you are in every bar at the same time just by walking up the street. One of the nights we were in the Irish bar and G was like, I know that girl. Turned out it was two girls that went to Loreto with us, Lisa and Claire we ended up having such a random fun night and we met Charlie Birds lookalike, he wasn't too happy when we told him this.



I have no idea what time we left at but the girls had to be up the next morning to catch there boat off the island which they had already paid for how they got up we have no idea.



So on the 22nd it was my birthday and G, Diane & Debbie got me a trip to Maya bay which we did that day (where the film The Beach was filmed), a full thai massage manicure pedicure and a really nice dinner, woop 😊 it still sucked being away from home and all my friends, so we made up for it by having extra drinks that night hehehe



We explored the whole village by foot and then took the hike up to the view point. It took us what felt like an eternity to get up to the top it was soooooooo hot trying to walking up there it didn't help that we went at lunch time, in the blistering sun. It was so worth it though the views were amazing. We could see the whole island it was just beautiful.



We absolutely loved Phi Phi and knew we would be hard pushed to find anywhere like it, but we had more islands to explore so we had to leave next stop Koh Lanta



So back on the boat...



Rx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0173s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb