Day 74 - Koh Tao, Day 80


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
October 8th 2011
Published: September 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

So next stop if going to be Koh Tao we rock up once again with no idea where we are staying. When we get off the boat we get a lift in the back of a truck, there weren't that many tuk tuks it was just the locals with there Nissans jeeps and a bench in the trailer to give you a lift and charge you for it!



Any who so we were dropped at this really nice place on the beach that we could not afford and they didn't even have hot water 😞 so we had some lunch and then took it in turns to walk up and down the beach to see if we could get anywhere. Eventually we got a place that had air con and hot water and seemed ok. We just couldn't get our heads around how expensive the island were compared to the rest of our trip we were paying 3 times as much for a tenth of the quality.



So we booked in to the Wind beach resort it was only when we were actually in the room that we noticed that the top "sheet" was not in a sheet but an oversized towel?!?



So there wasn't much to do where we were which was a pity as it meant we had to chill on the beach all day, oh no 😞 hehehe



So not much happened for the next couple of days but one of the days we were coming home from dinner and there was the biggest cockroach over our door, thankfully on the outside, but we none to happy about it. By day 3 no one had come to clean our room or empty bins and the more time we spent there the more we noticed how dirty it was! So we decided it was time to go looking for somewhere new to live.



After much searching we found a nice place called Asia Divers we got the "Deluxe" room which had a nice balcony and a view of the pool. Even though we were only a 5 mins from the beach the pool was so nice it was about as far as we made it each afternoon, and then we would go somewhere for dinner. We found a really good pizza place, that made the most amazing pizzas but had great difficulty getting the order right! They managed to get our order wrong both times so the second time we walked out but they ended up giving us the right pizza for free as a take away wasn't the same. Other then that we spent our nights having a few drinks and playing cards and just chilling after the constant travelling over the last couple of months.



Next stop Phuket....



Rx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb