Full Moon Party


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
March 12th 2009
Published: March 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

On Tuesday night we witnessed a full moon party in Koh Phanang. The whole Hat Rin beach was crowded with thousands of people of all different ages and nationalities. There were different DJs playing along the beach and buckets of alcohol being sold by the thousands! Drugs were rife. Being the nanas we are we headed for bed about 12. We could'nt believe our eyes at 8am the next morning the party was still raging. We tried our luck at Haviana (jandle) hunting along the beach but couldnt find a pair!
On Wednesday morning we headed to the pier to catch the 9.30 ferry to Koh Samui, it turned out it didn't actually go till 11. The ferry only took 20mins and we got a free transfer to Hat Lamai beach. We tried our luck lugging our packs around finding accomodation and ended up in a brand new hotel with all the bells and whistles for about $45nz/night.
Yesterday we just chilled out and had a look around and today we hired a scooter. We visited The aquarium and tiger show today; it was actually more of a bird show but you could understand why when the tiger nearly took the keepers head off! There were also some crazy monkeys which peeled the skin off Kris's foot(trying to heal it we think!) then nearly took Jess's finger off.
We have booked a ferry and bus to Bangkok tomorrow and will arrive there tomorrow night. Unfortunatly all the trains were full.
Keep in touch!
Jess and Kris


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0286s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb