Full Moon Party Part Deux


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
December 31st 2007
Published: January 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

We were partied out after boxing day so we headed back to Kho Tao between xmas and new year to get a few days off the booze and recharge the batteries on the lush beaches of Ko Tao. Returned to Ko Pha Ngan on the 30th December expecting our last guesthouse here to of reserved a room for us as promised. But being NYE and with us not returnng till late afternoon he'd booked out all his rooms thinking we may not turn up and he'd lose out on his highest room rates of the year. So we started the hopeless task of parading Haad Rin for a room the night before NYE at the one of the biggest parties in the world. After two hours of aimless wandering we had a stroke of luck, two swedish girls who we'd befriended in Bangkok had a spare room they'd booked out but weren't using. It was only 1 small double bed, but we werent in a position to be picky, so we took it on the assumption that 2 out of 4 of us might be in luck and not have to stay in the room.

That night we headed out to the Coral Bungalows pool party which wasn't as good as first time round but still had a good night, me and Mark knew that we'd struggle to get any sleep with 4 of us in the double bed (Dan and Neal were already asleep), so we crashed in the swedes room much to their disgust!!

Spent most of NYE day catching up on sleep and preparing for the big one. Had our pre NYE party meal about 8pm and got straight on the buckets. The beach was even busier than xmas eve, people everywhere. Saw new years in with the boys, and then about 2am realised that Neal, Dan and Mark had all gone home (lightweights). The next couple of hours were a bit of a blur until I bumped into another lad we'd been travelling with (Dan from dirty Leeds), we partied on till 10.30am. The madest moment in those last few hours came at about 4.30am, when a fight kicked off between an Israeli and one of the thai barman. There was only one winner (never mess with a thai guy, they are ripped up bigtime), the Israeli got his nose split down the middle and just as he went to retaliate, there was the first of 3 blackouts on the whole island. This left everyone fearng a riot, with the noise of scream and cheering, it was immense!!

Then just after the 3rd power cut, the sun started to come up and the heavens opened, waves were smashing into the beach, but this didn't dampen the spirits, the crowd just kept on raving in the puddles.
Spritis hit an all time high when the DJ played Mr Brightside at about 7am when the sun was beaming down (never forget that!!)

The most alarming sight of the night was a guy beng resussitated on the sand, he eventually came round but was obviously in the a bad way.... not a good state to get yourself in.....

New years day was spent sleeping until it was time for the NY day football, Chelsea v Fulham first up, then Arsenal v West Ham and then the big one Villa v Spurs. We watched this down at the beach, me and Neal glued to the screen hoping for bragging rights for the next few days. As we all know Villa came away with a 2-1 win (get in there), Neal was gracious in defeat with a limp handshake and a sulky walk back to the guesthouse, I stayed out for a couple of celebratory beverages to finish off our time in Ko Pha Ngan nicely.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb