Ko Samui


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
January 5th 2008
Published: January 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Left Ko Pha Ngan on the 2nd January catching the boat over to Ko Samui. The four of us had planned to go over together but just as we was boarding the ridicously overcrowded boat, Mark started being violently sick, so Neal stayed on Ko Pha Ngan wth him until he'd finished being sick. Dan and I boarded the boat and went off to Ko Samui to find somewhere for us all to stay. Later found out that Mark had a dose of food poisoning and couldn't stop being sick so they were coming over the next day.

Dan and I went out in Ko Samui that night, not a bad night out, a lot of people still partying suprisingly after a heavy xmas and New year. The boys joined us the next day, with Mark fully recovered. Not much really to tell about Ko Samui, I spent the next few days just chilling, finishing off the Beach (Alex Garland) and punishing myself with some painful beach runs, one the whole length of Ko Samui beach twice which worked out about 8 miles, not what the body was expecting after xmas and new year.

Ko Samui was as expected really, very commercial, a nice beach, lots of families, and a main road that resembled Kho San to a certain extent. One funny story to be told, unfortunately I wasn't there to see it, Mark and Neal were walking home one night when a tall white man walked towards them with a girl on his arm, turns out that it was John Leslie (named and shamed coke/porn addict formely squeaky clean Blue Peter and This Mornng presenter), so now you know his whereabouts. After passing him and naturally taking a double take, he turned round and gave them the mddle finger, classic!!!!




Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0894s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb