Ko Pha Ngan - Party Party Party!!!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
December 28th 2007
Published: December 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So xmas was now nearly upon us. Travelled over on the boat from Ko Tao which took about an hour. Had been warned that getting accomdation would be near on impossible in Haad Rin (where the full moon party took place). So we we decided to opt for Ban Thai which was supposedly 10 minutes in a taxi. Booked into a nice room and decided to try to walk to Haad Rin to see how far it actually was. After an hours walking along the beach and still no sign of it, we then found some steps to walk up which led us back to the road.We jumped in the bac of a truck who took another 10 mins along to Haad Rin. By then we decided we needed to be closer to the party scene some after some food and checking out the infamous Haad Rin beach we went in search of an available room. Most had rooms up to 24th but were booked up for the 3 das over xmas. We finally found somewhere 10 minutes walk from the party, which had 1 double and 1 single, so not ideal for 4 sweaty lads sharing but we'd make do.

That night we went down to the beach in search of the party and we found it alright. Every night here is a mini full moon party, world class fireshows, people from all over the world dancing on the beach. It was fairly chilled to start with, but as the crowds come in the party got going by midnight. After the fireshows have finished the local guys tempt the drunken travellers into testing their skipping skills not with an ordinary rope though, a flaming rope which they coat in parrafin every couple of minutes. Dan had a go in his drunken state and got hit in the neck, the next day he was sporting the burn mark you see on most travellers walking round. Neal and I came home about 5am to find Dan had fallen asleep on the toilet and had chucked up his spare rib dinner all over the bathroom floor.

The following night we took it easy as there was another alcohol ban because of the thai elections. So we just wacthed the football in outback bar which we'd made our local in Kho Pha Ngan. The following day we spent the day on the busy Haad Rin beach watching the beach soccer tournament particularly one game where some Israeli lads took it far to seriously and few a wobbly when they lost on penalties!! very amusing!!! That night we headed to a pool party at the Coral Bungalows, had a great night, awesome DJ's, plenty of buckets and plenty of dancing!!!

So Christmas Eve was here, we all got up reasonably early considering when we went to bed and decided to make a day of it and get in the xmas spirit. We each bought a xmas hat and headed down the beach for some festive ball games. Went out for a pre full moon dinner about 8 and then met our dutch friends for pre xmas drinks. Got down to the beach at 10pm it was already banging!!! 10,000 people on the beach, the first couple of hours we watched a great set by 2 french DJ's, then the rest of the night went so quickly before we knew it the sun was coming up on the horizon. An amazing site but kind of ruined by people pissing in the sea in front of it. Still loads of people going mental at 9am. I eventually left the party to head for an after party with 2 aussie friends, then spent most of the day at the pool. Got back to our guesthouse around 3, got 1 hours sleep and headed out for xmas dinner. Decided that to cure the hangover the only answer was to party again, ended up on the beach again partying till 3am boxing day morning. It certainly wasn't the usual way to spend xmas but one of the best I'd ever had.

Slept for around 12 hours after my 48 hour binge. But still got up in time to watch the full festive football programme and head to the fridge to watch Brandon Block. Unfortunately for us and Brandon the club he played in had a soundsystem that you'd be ashamed of in your bedroom. He was fuming and was giving the owner some shit before calling his set short. We headed for the beach and then mellow mountain ( a bar that overlooks the beach). Got in at about 5am and got up at 10am to get the bus to Ko Tao for a few days relaxation before heading back to Kho Pha Ngan for NYE Full Moon.

Forgot to say Merry xmas and a happy new year to anyone reading this, miss u all!!! x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb