Last Days in Koh Pha Ngan


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
December 20th 2007
Published: December 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Our last two days in KP were well spent although Ryan was suffering from stomach sickness and Danielle the full but they managed to get past it.

We opted for a tour to four remote beaches with snorkelling along the way. The snorkelling was fantastic with clown fish everywhere and tons of sea cucumbers. The beaches were nice too (bottle beach) but no pictures as we had to swim ashore to check them out. So quiet everywhere here, no one in sight. We had champagne and fresh sardines, and then for lunch some tuna salad, chicken and potato curry - life is good! We got caught in a crazy storm out on the water - the weather here is so unpredictable - as is Danielle's hair!! So the captain, (who we later found out was smoking reefers the whole time - comforting!) thought better to head back than risk it. We got in a were so wiped out from the sun and swimming we crashed early - in early I mean everyone was sleeping by 8 PM.

The next day we took off to the market in Thong Sala but everything seemed so overpriced compared to Bangkok. Besides - can't buy too much now as we have to haul it around with us. Danielle and I plan to buy an extra bag to exercise our luggage limit if you know what I mean. We headed down to Had Rin in a taxi (a truck with benches and a covering set up in the cab) to check out the beach where the full moon party takes place - it was so quiet at first but by 2 PM all the partiers rolled out of the bed and by 3 PM there was a truck driving up and down the beach letting everyone know where the party was that night. The beach itself is nice and the water was beautiful but I was surprised by the garbage.

What the heck is with every foreigner walking about with a "same same but different" t-shirt?

That night we hooked up with Heather and Nier and went to Amsterdam bar on a mountain top that overlooked the bay and the sunset but was too cloudy. Shared a "bucket which consists of a mickey of Thai rum, a red bull, and one can of coke. It was a hike but still a cool place with a great vibe.

KP was great but we did everything we wanted to so now time to move on over to the other side of the pennisula - Krabi!

Stay Tuned!




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



22nd December 2007

Krabi?
Love the picture of you and Ryan at the Amsterdam bar. Such a good looking couple. I love it when people travel with style. Good for you two. Can wait to read the next chapter (Krabi, that's a place for me...).
24th December 2007

Le Bucket
My that's an interesting pail. Maybe you can bring us one - prefably full.

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0662s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb