Hakuna Matata


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Lanta
April 18th 2011
Published: April 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hakouna Matata

Waking up to no alarms, by the beach, steps away from dozens of restaurants with no agenda for the day is a life I can get used to. The 4:30am wake up calls and the weekly commute to the airport seem to be from a past life. 

Once in Kamala, after the mandatory morning coffee, we decided to rent a scooter and  explore the whole island. It didn't take too long before we got used to driving on the left and Simo's map reading skills came in handy. The roads are pretty well paved (much better than the hole-infested LA roads!) and naturally no traffic to deal with. Whizzing around the island brought over a sense of freedom and adventure (and ended with a sensation of a burnt back). 

Our first stop was the 45m Buddha sitting on top of a forest, overlooking the island. It was a pretty impressive statue and the view from there was breathtaking. We then headed to Rawai, a village on the island known for its fresh fish. On one side of the road was the fish market and the other side was a row of restaurants that cooked whatever fish the customers brought in.  Oh and did I mention that all of this happens steps away from the beach (I'm going to repeat this phrase so many times you'll get sick of it 😊). Needless to say lunch was fresh and delicious! 

After checking out a few viewpoints on the island, we headed to the beach for a quick swim, some tanning, some reading and some napping. It was a magical day, my words don't do it justice.

Stay tuned for stories about the beginning of our island hopping adventure...


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



18th April 2011

Wheeeere is Hafid?
Can't help but think, between the Buddha's and fresh fish, "WA DFI L'GAZ A 7hafid!!" :D Continuez a nous faire rever. Bises.

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0338s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb