Ahhhhh thailand!


Advertisement
Asia
April 15th 2011
Published: April 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Ahhhhh thailand! So far this place has been good to us.

We were happy to leave humid KL in direction of our paradisiac dream vision of endless beaches, ... Ok so just endless beaches is what i was looking for. Right as the pilot on this short flight attempts his landing, the engins come to a roar as we change directions skywards : "ladies and gentlemen we are going around the island a second time while we are still trying to fix a technical failure and attempt a second landing." Calm, composed and insensitive, as the old ausie grand ma in row 6 starts to shout causing her young high pitched adolescent to 'let em rip'! I'm thinking were off to a great start!

We get in to find its thai new year... Supposedly, we are well traveled and cultured people who have done their research. Lol All fun and games though: its spring break all over again. Felt freshing to relive the college days of water fights. Wait, maybe that was just the ice water in the water guns feeling refreshing. As fun as Patang was, we were looking for a much calmer, more authentic thailand without frat boys, sorrority girls and groupies.

Off we go on a tuk-tuk up north to Kamala. We find a nice boutique hotel 10 rooms strong to call home before we finally relax on the beach. Paradisiac dream beach : check!

Ahhhh what a better way to end the day then a nice swim across the bay. I stroke right and look up: my god look at that pastel blue sky and a perfectly round moon. I stroke left and look right: never seen a sunset quiet the same! My kind of day.... BBBBAAAAMMMM that damned jellyfish got me fair and square right on the neck, chest and arm! In his defense, i was in his territory during his time of day.... Im not holding a gruge.... All im saying is: next time i see jellyfish on the menu, im eating it!

up next: wizzing around phuket in a farmers tan!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



17th April 2011
TUK TUK TARA TUK!

rien de grave j'espère régalez vous matin, midi et soir, nos discussions sont toutes pour vous lahihefedkoum
26th April 2011

Papinoush
On pense a vous a chaque aventure, bslaaaaaaamtkoum!!!! <3<3<3

Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0646s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb