Krabi & Ko Lanta


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Lanta
November 11th 2008
Published: November 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Krabi


We spent only one day in Krabi as we were heading to Ko Lanta the following day. It is a nice town with a good market by the waterside.

Koh Lanta


We booked a minivan to take from Krabi to Koh Lanta for 250B. The weather seemed to change suddenly as we took off and torrential rain poured. The minivan was a bit of a wreck and the roof was leaking the water onto us in the back and our bags! It became our most frightening journey too with the driver increasing speed as the rain got heavier and he had no wipers. He continued to overtake other cars at around 120mph even though he could not see much in front. Arriving in Koh Lanta almost in hysterics and after many prayers we were happy to settle into the beach life on Klong Kong and we stayed here for around 6 days. We stayed in Blue Marlin bungalows where the staff were very friendly and the food was good. At night the staff at Blue Marlin would show their impressive fire dancing skills - wow! The beach here is a little rocky but still nice and relaxing. We were lucky to be in Ko Lanta for Loy Krathong on November 12th which is a buddhist festival of lights. Locals make the krathong from the trunk of the banana tree and banana leaf and flowers and place on water, believing that this will bring good luck - especially if you place a little cutting of your hair and nail in the krathong.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Fire ShowFire Show
Fire Show

Where we stayed Koh Lanta
What we madeWhat we made
What we made

Koh Lanta - We made these up for the Loy Krathong 'festival of lights'.
Blue MarlinBlue Marlin
Blue Marlin

Koh Lanta


3rd April 2009

hi!
Do you know if "Blue Marlin" have a website? Been looking but found nothing ...

Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0484s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb