Thailand - Koh Lanta


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Lanta
June 21st 2008
Published: August 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well guys, This will be short and sweet. We flew into Bangkok and it was like coming home! We stepped out into heat and soaked it up gratefully. We spent our first night in a really nice Hotel in a LUXURY (for us anyway) room paid for by Global Village Travel who use our blog as advertisement and booked our trip for us. We were well chuffed and took full advantage!

After this we made our way to our fave place to stay in Bangkok- Four sons Village on Soi Rambuttri walking distance from Koh San but a bit cooler and quieter after midnight. We got our preferred room a balcony one on the thrid floor with air-con for 400b a night bargain! If i'm honest we spent our time here getting warm, chilling out, eating, drinking, meeting friends and using the internet! It was great to recover a bit here. Our plan was to go back to Koh Tao but after checking it seemed the weather had changed for all those islands so it would be better to go to the Krabi side! After a lot of searching and talking to locals and other tavellers we decided on Koh Lanta and the Lanta Sandy Beach huts owned by a really cool lady called Mai. We travelled down on coaches (again) it was ok i suppose! We arrived to beautiful hot sun and a nearly deserted idyllic beach. We had a hut, at a cheap rate right on the beach so it was cool with the breeze at night which was cool. Basically am keepin this short we had a great coupla weeks here relaxing and watchin DVD's of a night or havin a bevvy or a sing song with the waiters who all stayed up to sing and play the guitar! We also found Dirk (the Diggler) our dive instructor from Koh Tao he was eating at the same place as us at the top of the road on the right! Needless to say we booked a dive on Ko HA with him and loved it.

We also met a sound couple Rob and Emily who you will see a lot more of in the next blogs! They had made the mistake of going to Koh Tao and got flooded off the island! When we met them they were just glad of Sun Beer and someone to hang with! Both me an Claire got on sound with them and we all spent a lot of time together and became friends, more on these two in the NZ blog to come! I have to say this isnt a party island, its beautiful and very chilled out though and highly recommended it was just what we needed. I had my Birthday on the island and Claire bought red and white balloons and decorated the hut for me!!! Unfortunately after she blew the red ones up they turned bright PINK 😊 i appreciated the effort though and Mai brought down a cake to me happy birthdays were sung and all in all it was really nice. Koh Lanta is beautiful and as yet under-developed Thai island. I reckon if you goto Krabi or Phuket and get a spare week take it on Lanta and chill, you will go home/move on much more relaxed. The Islands on this side of Thailand are a bit dearer than Koh tao e.t.c. and worth the visit. Just ensure you check best time to come web sites and then local weather when you get to Bangkok. Dont worry if you see rain on the internet it said that for us in Lanta, yet it rained properly once, and spat once. Its so hot the rain doesnt bother you (unless your a chick and you've just spent an hour on your hair!!!). I think by now you all know how much we love Thailand. If you've never been, book and go!! If you need tips give us a bell!

Anyway check out our photo's and sorry this isnt more in depth but if we 'war and peace' it we will never catch up on these blogs!! Will anyone ever rate our photos or feature and rate our blog on here??? LoL

Love

Tommy and Claire xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 149, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



14th August 2008

Tjose sunset pics are absolutely stunning!!! I think you may just have sold me on Thailand!!!!
14th August 2008

LoL doubt we needed to do much selling
glad you liked the photo's and we hope your doin' well???

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0266s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb