Khao Sok National Park


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Khao Sok NP
August 17th 2008
Published: August 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrived here by mini bus, which took around 5hrs, but the views on the way were amazing, bus driver was a little nutty but we got there safely!

We got picked up by the owner of the Green Mountain View Bungalows, he was a mad local man but really helpful and friendly called Mr Kawi, his family were lovely too, his wife did the cooking and he did the talking. They had a puppy which we named Micheal Flattley, because when the dog ran to you, his front legs were dead straight, he was our pet dog the 3nights we stayed, came over to our bungalows and waited for us.

Dan had his own bunaglow next door to us, and the bathrooms were "Alfresco", it was great, doing your business whilst looking up at the sky, mountains, and palms trees. Whilst having a tinkle, i looked up and there was very thin, long grey snake, not something i have ever had whilst going for a wee.

Khao Sok is 646sq km of thick native rainforest and was established in 1980. 160million year old eco system much older than forests of the Amazon and Central Africa regions.

We did a canoe trip, which was around 2hours, we thought we would be doing it ourselves but we had a driver and we just sat and took in the views and rapids, we stopped for the boys to do a rope swing, poor dan was too tall and couldnt get enough swing to go very far out without dragging his legs. We saw 2 snakes, a sleeping frog, but when Stu turned him over and put him in the water he was off, it had massive legs.

The next day we went on a short hike, it was around 4kms, but in the heat of the day it feels much longer and harder, we saw a couple of small waterfalls, nothing amazing but then we went off the beaten track and we came across a lovely river, with forest all around us, we sat there and had a snack and soaked our tops in the water to cool off, it was nice to be somewhere, where there are no cars or other people apart from us.

We left here to Phi Phi Dom.


Additional photos below
Photos: 83, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0706s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb