Phi Phi Dom


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Phi Phi Don
August 21st 2008
Published: August 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrived here by boat, we hit the top deck and did some sunbathing and people watching, some of the girls were in full bikinis, the boys loved it, now i know why Stu's sunnies are so dark! ha ha

We didnt know what to expect as Phi Phi was hit by the Boxing Day Tsunami back in 2004, but we saw a before picture and its pretty much the same, the beaches and surrounding jungle is stunning but the town in the centre isnt very impressive, its quite enclosed and on top of each other. We were quite high up in our bungalows and our area was an exvacution point for any kind of Tsunami or earth quake.

We went out drinking as this place isnt short of any kind of bar or club, Dan found some new buddies, so we left him in the town, it was a good few hours later and in comes Dan, he had a good story to tell, he lost his flip flops on the beach but cant remember which beach, got lost, thought he found a 2nd Dam on the Island (but there is only one, and this is right behind
Stu loves girls underwearStu loves girls underwearStu loves girls underwear

Dont worry i covered his bits up with a star!
our bungalows), he asked a secuirty bloke to take him home, he paid him 450ba (8.00 pounds or there abouts!) to get a ride on the back of his push bike, fell off, got dropped off, then in the morning he had lost 1000baht, so all in all he had a very eventfall night!

Now Stu had ran out of clean boxers, so the next best thing was a pair of my pants, i call them my boy pants, like small tight boxer for girls, but these are bright pink and have playboy written on them, he quite liked them!

We stayed in Phi Phi for 3nights, we left here and headed for inland (Krabi) to catch a bus to the border town of Kolok, this took longer than expected and arrived too late to cross to Malaysia, we stayed in a hotel, which looked and felt like it should be rented out by the hour, but is was clean thats the main thing! plus they had a baby monkey ina cage, poor thing!

We got up early the next day and crossed over to Malaysia (Kota Bharu), City of Islam. We just had a walk around, found a nice air conditioned shopping mall and went bowling, Dan lost to a girl ha ha!!!!

We only stayed here for one night and we headed out to the Perhentian Islands for some more beach action.


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Bamboo TattooBamboo Tattoo
Bamboo Tattoo

Not any of us this time!


Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 21; qc: 70; dbt: 0.0657s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb