Day 15- Dive, dive dive!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Khao Lak
January 9th 2008
Published: January 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Up at 6 to get ready for our first dive at 7. Still not impressed with the diving here- I don't know if it's always been like this, or if the tsunami is the cause. All I know is we've been on much better dives in Florida nad the Caribbean than this.

Back up from the first dive, and have breakfast. Poached eggs, bacon and sausage...more of a normal breakfast, but way too much food to have right before diving. I opt for toast and tea, and are introduced to the wonders of Nutella. Tastes like a Milky Way bar...

Go up top with my MP3 player to get some sun and relax for awile. We won't be diving again until the day trippers get here around 10. The sun feels good, and I know it won't be much longer before I'll be back in the cold, gray Michigan weather so I take advantage of every moment!

The last two dives of the day are MUCH better. One because we go to much more interesting sites, and two we have a different dive master, and woman from London. Different style, much more personable, and really takes time to make sure everyone in our group has a good time. We see a Giant Barracude, some tuna, and someone claims (though none of us see it) to see a Manta Ray. We pack up our gear and get back on the speedboat for the long ride home.

Take the taxi back to the bungalow, and begin to lay out all our gear to dry for the flight back to Bangkok tomorrow. grab some dinner, and just relax by the beach.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 8; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0137s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb