Still ahhh......


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ao Nang
July 26th 2008
Published: July 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So we've moved to the other side of the peninsula into Krabi province. We're staying on another great beach called Ao nang and took one of the longtail boats to Railay beach. The ride out was relaxed and funny when a small spray of water would get someone in the face, but the way home was like the log ride at Disney land. We were completely soaked, but still in good sprirts, cause it was only 20 mins. We had quite the ride. Our day at Railay was a little cloudy, but I still managed to get a slight burn. Serves me right for thinking that I had a 'great base'. We explored and had massages on the beach. I love this place!

This morning we went on a hike out of our little bay. We just jumped on this rickety little boardwalk, with random missing planks and decided to follow it along. We basically went up the side of a cliff and down the other to one of te "boat in only" resorts. Apparently the patrons boat in and the staff have to naviagte this crazy trail each day. We passed a grandma along the way, who had a few little boys carrying her things and making sure that she didn't take a tumble. I couldn't believe it, but I guess that it would be expensive to take the boat out each day.

So this afternoon (post-massage) we'll be heading to Bangkok. So far, things haven't really been different.. just a lot sweatier and cheaper massages. I'm thinking that Bangkok might open my eyes a little more, but maybe it'll be like any other big city. I don't really know what to expect. We'll just be there for a couple of days of exploring, then we'll be heading to Chiang Mai in the North to ride some elephants.

Hope that everyone is well and jealous!
Love J and D

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb