The life of Pai :)


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Pai
March 23rd 2013
Published: March 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Pai has to be the best place on earth, its amazing! We got the horrific minivan through the mountains and planned on staying for just one night but once we got there we fell in love with the place and ended up staying for longer. We were really lucky and found some gorgeous huts to stay in, very luxurious for Thai standards and very cheap at only 125baht each a night (just over £2). We were shattered after our jungle trek and night out in Chiang Mai so once we decided to stay for 2 nights instead of one we just headed out for dinner, did some shopping and went home. We were also very over dressed as Pai is the most laid back travellery town ever and there was us in little dresses with full on hair and make up, we definitely stood out!

After catching up on some sleep we had a full packed day on the Saturday, we hired a driver and a minivan and spent the day being proper tourists. We first went to ‘coffee in love’ a viewpoint and then onto a waterfall for swimming, we then went to the hot spring which was amazing, we relaxed in the mineral baths and chilled out in the hot springs, its just what we needed to relax after trekking through the jungle. We finished off with a trip to the Pai canyon where we took loads of photos and then headed back for dinner and drinks. We decided to embrace our inner travellers and go out dressed down, I even brought a cool scarf for the occasion and after pre drinking far too much whiskey we headed out to a bar selling 2 for 1 buckets. After multiple buckets we went onto a club with an open fire pit which luckily none of us fell into, it was such a good night, but we were all feeling a little worse for wear at breakfast the next day.

We had to get the minivan back to Chiang Mai at midday and it was actually the most horrific journey of my entire life, like the route through the mountains with a crazy driver on the terrible Thai roads wasn’t enough, we also had no air-con and plenty of hungover girls. Everyone was throwing up into 7-11 bags, it was disgusting, puke everywhere, it was like a scene out of bridesmaids! When we finally stopped at a toilet everyone was just throwing up and having water, it was horrendous!

And all we had to look forward to was an overnight train… the travelling lifestyle!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0493s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb