Our last slice of Pai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Pai
April 4th 2012
Published: April 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Yes, we are still in Pai .. yes we are leaving. Tomorrow morning in fact, and we've got some long journeys ahead of us. We are gonna be making our way down to the South of Thailand down to the islands by bus, train, plane and boat in a mere 36 hours. Easy!

In the meantime we have had a really great and hugely chilled out last few days in Pai.

As Andy has already filled you in we decided to have what travellers seem to call a 'posh' night and checked ourselves into a remote guesthouse in the outskirts of Pai for the night. The lady who owns the guesthouse is called Kob which means frog in Thai (a nickname we presume) and is a really wonderful person who tells us she lives not to make money but to enjoy the beautiful side of life and grows her own food and makes her own coffee and clothes and built the entire place herself! Everything is made from natural substances like clay and bamboo and the whole place is so orginal and pretty.

We spent what has to be my favourite night so far sat outside around a fire whilst she cooked us a traditional thai dinner and brewed us local mountain tea on the fire and told us all about life here in Thailand, way more informative than any guidebook. We have bought some of her coffee to bring home with us. I also bought one her dresses that she had made and Andy bought a hat.

Kob also thinks that Andy looks like a mix between Ryan Giggs and The Beatles (she didn't specify which one) and that she knew he was an actor because of his fashionable hair. Kob is hilarious.

Anyway one posh night turned into two since kob wanted us to stay and talk to her some more. We didn't need asking twice, so we unpacked our bags and stayed in our own resort for one more night.

Today, however, for our final night we have returned back to earth with a bang, back to our 3 quid hut but we are just about to head up to see Kob one more time for a farewell dinner, she is making us yellow curry, apparently she has been preparing the coconut for it all day. Brilliant!

Next time you hear from us it will be from the South and although this place seems unbeatable .... I am willing to let the Islands try! 😊

Love to all becky@andy

Advertisement



4th April 2012

Thailand
Sounds like heaven compared to our manic and stressed lives in the U.K. Enjoy while you can. xx

Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0862s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb