Life of Pai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Pai
March 5th 2009
Published: December 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Shortly leaving Pai to start a ridiculous 20 hour bus journey back to Bangkok. Hopefully we'll be there for just one day before attempting the assault on the Cambodian border. That will be another 20 odd hours of travelling and involve having to deal with the famously corrupt officials on the border who are guaranteed to demand far more money than the $20 fee should be. Will be interesting to see how much extra we end up paying.

Last couple of days in Pai included a day of mopeding about the place, getting drunk and oddly talking about evolution to a biology PHD student following shortly after I escaped by a conversation with a physics student about the 'unifying theory of physics. Needless to say there was much smiling and nodding.

Joined a moped gang yesterday and went on a trip through a Chinese village in search of dim-sum. One guy almost got taken out by a chicken who was proving that the reason why chickens cross the road is to be gits. Another lost concentration and drifting off the road only to realise and somehow avoid decking himself over a large bump. Finally, an American stunningly managed to hit a pothole, panic and ended up flipping over the handlebars. He's still lying down in his guesthouse room recovering as far as I know.

Well, probably no updates for a good while - can't imagine Cambodia is going to have the finest internet resources, but we'll see! Check out the new photo album of Pai on facebook, it's an adventure...



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

This HurtThis Hurt
This Hurt

This is what happens if you set off on a moped wearing only thongs on your feet and still have the kick stand down.


Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0183s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb