Day 11, 12 &13!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Lampang
October 9th 2010
Published: October 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Our last day in Chiang Mai was eventful to say the least!! It began with Camilla's stomach feeling a little delicate, but after some tablets we managed to go to the Tiger Kingdom where we posed with 3 massive tigers, which were a little drowsy to say the least but had very powerful tail flicks and got some very intimate tiger photos taken!! Camilla was then draped with pythons and mildly molested by them before Elin and Becky tried them too but a little less keenly!! After an exciting morning we headed back to the hotel and waited to leave to catch the overnight train to Bangkok which didn't quite go to plan.....within about 10 minutes of boarding Camilla and Elin were taking it in turns to use the toilet and were looking ever so slightly green! Unfortunately Elin's condition worsened and we had to make an early exit by ambulance to the hospital in Lampang after a very dramatic carriage scene in which all the Thai train crew were rubbing balm on her and a hippy woman with 'healing energies' came and made some very disturbing noises and gestures over Elin's stomach!! needless to say the energies didn't work and so after just an hour and a half on board we found ourselves in the emergency room of Lampang hospital where Camilla was diagnosed with food poisoning and Elin with food poisoning and a bowl infection!! The next 2 days were not how we imagined to be spending our time in Thailand, but after lots of saline drips, tablets and toilet trips we left our VIP room and the lovely staff of Lampang hospital after some very challenging conversations gesturing and negotiations regarding insurance and paying! we thought we'd never leave but Becky, having explored the sights of Lampang alone managed to change our train tickets and we were on the move again! Fortunately overnight train number 2 went a little more smoothly which is more than can be said for the tracks!! and after some sleep on what felt like a rollercoaster train we woke up in Bangkok ready for train number 3.........!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0595s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb